Monday, January 25, 2010

One in a million

I have been "blogging" for over a year now. I recently spent a little time playing around on the computer and looking at other people's blogs. I discovered pretty quickly that blogs are a dime a dozen. There are millions of them out there, on every topic imaginable. My own blog, in fact is possibly one of the least original out there. If you "googled" blogs by Catholic moms you get 1,460,000 matches. A search for blogs by homeschooling moms will yield 40,500,000 matches. Even blogs entitiled "Overflow" will result in over 5,800,000 matches! I have seen other "little" blogs written by moms just like me with upwards of 400 followers. My blog currently has ten, one of which is my husband. So really, why bother? Do I really have anything unique, original or meaningful to add to the cyberworld in my humble little blog?
Probably not, yet I plan to continue blogging for years to come. Though my words may not be profound, my experiences unique, or my discoveries earth shattering, I really enjoy writing my blog. I enjoy it for many reasons. First of all, I love to write. I've always loved to write. For many years, I was so busy raising my children, taking care of my house, and trying to be a good wife that I did not take the time to indulge my passion for writing. I missed it. Having my blog gives me an outlet and a sort of accountability to write (even if I am accountable only to my ten loyal followers). Second of all, my blog helps me to chronicle the everyday life of caring for my family. My children are growing up way too quickly and the years seem to fly by. If I do not take the time to write about the funny things that happen, the emotions I go through, the chaos of life with all five kids under the age of 12, I am sure I will never remember it all later. Third of all, my blog is a wonderful way to process all of my thoughts, feelings and experiences. It gives me a perspective that I would not otherwise have in the midst of the craziness that is my daily life. So, whether my followers grow to 400 over the years, or drop to only one (I hope Tim will continue to read even if no one else does!) I am grateful for this outlet, and especially for the opportunity to share my life and God's amazing gifts and blessings in it, with anyone who He might send this way. Thank you for reading and I hope God blesses you through these words and the time you have spent in my little corner of cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...