Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Seeing clearly

    Things are not always as they seem.  One of the most valuable lessons to be learned in life.  I’ve encountered it over and over and yet still don’t always “get it.” 
    That person I admired in the past, the one I thought was perfect, always so put together, always smiling so happily.  In truth “perfect” turned out to be a gross exaggeration.  “Normal” may have been a better description.  “Troubled” even fit at times.  Struggling, just like me. 
    So many events in life that I viewed as tragedies later turned out to be nothing.  All I needed was a day or two, and a little perspective, to see it all clearly.
    Bad news so often turns out to be good news in disguise. 
    It all comes down to just letting go.  Trusting everything, EVERYTHING, to God and taking life as it comes, one day at a  time.  I have heard people say to expect miracles in life.  I may not be quite there yet but I have learned to believe that good things are to come.  God really does want to bless us.  We just have to learn to see the blessings for what they are-- sometimes unexpected, sometimes surprising, but always what is best in the long run…. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kari. Just stopped by to see how you're going. I too am sure 'bad' news can turn out to be good news. Keeping your family in my prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...