Thursday, July 9, 2009

Middle of the night prayer session

I heard once, that pregnancy is the only time when you can assist God in a creating a miracle. I believe it was Erma Bombeck who originally said it. What a beautiful way to describe such a beautiful time in one's life. Why then, does it feel so wrought with fear, worry and discomfort? I suppose bringing about a miracle, even just as the assistant, is never an easy thing!
I am only weeks away from welcoming my fifth child. My entire family and I are so excited to meet our new baby and to have the joy of a new life in the house again. At the same time, I am full of fear and worry that in these last few weeks something will go wrong. I am also worried about the labor and delivery. And, I am not sleeping. At all. I lay awake at night, thinking about all the things that could go wrong. I watch the clock, counting baby's kicks to make sure she is okay in there and praying that God will see us through the last few weeks of anticipation. I am trying to offer my insomnia up to God. I pray He will take my tiny bit of suffering and use it for the good of others, more in need than me. I am also trying to be grateful for the place I am in in life. I am trying to actually appreciate the challenges of pregnancy because, truly, it is such a blessing and a gift to assist God in the miracle of a child. I am so happy to be expecting this baby and I don't want to lose sight of that in the midst of my exhaustion and discomfort. So, if you are in need and have any prayer intentions you'd like to share with me, I will likely have a lot of time to pray at about 3 am, so just let me know!

1 comment:

  1. :)
    Prayer intention:
    The inner life and holiness of priests
    The protection of marriage
    The unborn babies in danger of abortion.

    What a beautiful post you made here. I can tell who your Heavenly father is :) . Followed a twitter RT here, and I'm glad.

    God bless and keep safe you and your little one, and all your family. God pour out His grace on you and use your pains and anxiety for amazing things. In Jesus' name, amen.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...